WINGS developed the CATARACT (proaCtive mAnagemenT plAtform foR smArt Connected water), with the following goals in mind:
- To cover all main stakeholders of the ecosystem, i.e., water supply and sanitation companies, as well as their customers;
- To address drink water distribution, as well as rain, storm and waste water networks;
- To address most important use cases in the areas above.
Regarding use cases, the initial focus has been placed on the following:
- Predicting demands;
- Predicting the water levels, based on various heterogeneous factors;
- Identifying and locating leakages;
- Predicting contamination situations.
Technically, the WINGS ICT Solutions CATARACT platform relies on
- Sensors, which can be commercial or experimental ones, and each one focused on one or more monitored parameters;
- Advanced wireless communications solutions, based on state of the art protocols like NB-IoT or GPRS, or LoRa;
- Data management algorithms, focused on improving the quality of the data
- Data analysis and prediction algorithms
- User friendly and customizable dashboards